- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- assessing and moving injured casualties
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- and much, much more!
HLTAID001 – CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR)
Excel College Australia has the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- Completed at least 6 months of a Certificate III level course in an Australian RTO; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test.
This course is offered via classroom based training. The total time commitment is 2 days (16 hours) of classroom training and assessment.
Class sessions are planned to ensure that students have a mixture of practical and theoretical components and those classes cater for a wide variety of learning styles. Additionally, workplace practices and environments are simulated and used to conduct skills based assessments in accordance with unit requirements.
This qualification is offered on the following days and times:
- Friday and Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm
This course will be delivered face-to-face in a classroom-based setting which includes the simulation of workplace based environment.
The course is delivered at:
- Levels 1B/C and 3C, 40 Raymond Street Bankstown NSW 2200
You may apply for recognition of existing qualifications or skills, knowledge and experience (credit transfer or recognition of prior learning) as per the information included in our International Student Handbook, which is available at www.excelcollegeaustralia.edu.au
For international students, the granting of course credit may affect course fees as well as the duration of the course.
The result of an application for credit and any changes to fees or course duration will be advised to students in writing.
If course credit is granted following issuance of the Confirmation of Enrolment, students will receive a new Confirmation of Enrolment showing a reduced duration.
For any questions about course credit, contact us at the details shown below
The total costs for this course are as follows:
Course fees: Total fees is AUD $55
Non-Tuition fees: May apply and can be found at www.excelcollegeaustralia.edu.au
A detailed payment plan and payment arrangements are provided in the Letter of offer and Written Agreement. Non-payment of course fees may result in cancellation of enrolment. Course fees do not include textbooks, laptops or computer software which are to be purchased at the student’s own cost.
To enroll for this course an enrolment form must be completed. which can be emailed or posted to students or downloaded from our website. The enrolment form should be completed and then sent to us along with all of the required documentation.
For more information about our selection and enrolment processes, contact us at the details shown below.
Apply for Admission
We don’t just give students an education and experiences that set them up for success in a career. We help them succeed in their career—to discover a field they’re passionate about and dare to lead it.